Monday, January 31, 2011

Selfish Me!


It's years since I got a pay check in Bahraini dinars - the last was when I was flying - and because I was young and single then with only myself to think about I spent the money frivilously: I'm still wearing the Cartier watch I bought then and a Betsy Johnson leopard print dress, and still sleeping on Ralph Lauren sheets...
So, what to do with my first Bahrain paycheck in thirteen years?
Old habits are hard to break.
I rushed from the stables to SAKS in the mall and bought a pot of Eve Lom cleanser:
With a powerful blend of Egyptian chamomile, hops, clove and eucalyptus oil, together with cocoa butter the Eve Lom Cleanser cleanses, tones, exfoliates all in one. Even the most stubborn make-up and eye make-up will be removed.
The specially woven muslin cloth (100% cotton) is used with the Cleanser to improve skin circulation while cleansing and exfoliating the skin in minutes.
The result is clean, perfectly balanced skin and a radiant complexion.

I'm ashamed to tell you how much it cost. It was utterly, outrageously expensive. And it smells a bit like saddle soap.
If I was anyways half decent as a wife I would hand over the money to the household accounts and use it to pay for the groceries, music lessons, riding lessons, Maud's tutor etc etc I could even afford a couple of new tyres for my car.
Maybe next month - heh?

1 comment:

  1. I love Eve Lom, I managed to get a gift set from their website in the Sales for half price £40 for cleanser and moisturiser instead of £80!

    ReplyDelete