Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Georgette Heyer


Do you know this lovely lady? This is Georgette Heyer who always travels with me when I fly. On this trip I'm taking Friday's Child. The blurb on the back cover says: Rejected by Miss Milbourne, the Incomparable, for his unsteadiness of character, wild Lord Sheringham is bent on avenging Fate and coming into his fortune. But the very first woman he should see is Hero Wantage, the young and charmingly unsophisticated chit who has loved him since childhood...
Of the book Georgette says:
I think myself that I ought to be shot for writing such nonsense, but it's questionably good escapist literature and I think I should rather like it if I were sitting in an air-raid shelter or recovering from flu...
Or flying for eight hours from the Middle East to Ireland in cattle class.

No comments:

Post a Comment