Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Madeleine


Someone fastidiously locks the front and back doors every night. I know it's one of children and I've always wondered who -
Tonight I found out.
Beatrice who's 6 was eating her bedtime Weetbix. She said: "Is Millie (our dog) in or out?"
"She's out," says I. "Why?"
"Please will you call her in, Mummy? I want to lock the doors."
So I call Millie in and say nothing. And allow Beatrice to lock the front and back doors.
Then she says: "Is Madeleine still lost Mummy?"
The poor little mouse has been locking our doors, front and back every night, because she's afraid she might get stolen like Madeleine

2 comments:

  1. Awwww bless her heart, thats so sweet and so sad at the same time Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two daughters 11 and 7 still worry about her being missing....I worry about the effect the media coverage of it, or their exposure to it, had on them. I did at the time try to shield them from it as I think there are some things children don't necessarily need to hear about every day for several months.
    I hope your daughter gets over her worries, it's been a long time hasn't it. x

    ReplyDelete