Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jordan


I was flicking through the newpaper this morning and my eye was caught by: Jordan Pins hopes on Hurt Locker Sweeping the Oscars
Jordan makes no secret of which movie it wants to see sweep this year's Oscars...
How very rude, I thought, to reduce Jordan to the third person singular. Is it not obvious Jordan is female? How much more obvious can it be?
For almost a minute I raged, until I noticed the article was in the Middle East section, squashed in between 'Mabarak's Surgery Succussful' and 'Dubai Shopkeepers Turn to Charms of Lemons and Chillies for Good Luck'.

2 comments:

  1. I've just heard Jordan is going to make a film about her life. I wish I had her self-confidence...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say somehting positive about the girl but I seriously can't. She's what Prince Charles would call a bunion on the landscape of society.

    ReplyDelete