Thursday, October 1, 2009

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil


I was killing time this morning in an air conditioned perfume shop, picking up and setting down pretty bottles, but not even bothering to sniff, for I'm not a perfume person and floral fragrances make me sneeze.
My eye was caught by this bottle of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil and I squirted some on to my arm, out of curiosity. The top notes made my eyes water - they were vicious, like poison gas. However, five minutes later, I was wearing the most elegant scent - sexy, subtle, unforgettable. I couldn't stop sniffing my arm.
I've always heard it said you can't judge a book by its cover - I would like to add you most certainly can't judge a perfume by its topnotes.

1 comment:

  1. That's really interesting to know. I love it when a perfume surprises you. And I do love Hermes so will give it a go.

    Oh and the boots on my bike the arch bit fits neatly on the pedal so the heel hangs on the other side. I can cycle in anything!

    ReplyDelete