Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Cautionary Tale


I was in Cosmetic Surgery this morning buying a tube of face cream - (mesoestetic hydra-vital factor K) - and having the usual fun chat with the surgeon -
He says: "Botox would fix those frown lines on your forehead"
I say: "No thanks"
He says: "I would recommend filler in your top lip."
"No thanks"
"Non-surgical lifting and tightening?"
"No thank you, I'm here only for the face cream"
Then the telephone rings. The nurse answers. I try not to eavesdrop but the woman's voice is hysterical and after a few terse questions and answers:
Nurse: "Of course its not permanent, Madam."
Woman: "How do you know it's not permanent?"
Nurse: " It cost only BD150. It will not be permanent at that price."
The hysterical woman had been for some filler in her lips but had decided it wasn't enough - it was too natural looking - and had gone somewhere else for a 'top up' and now had lips like....

No comments:

Post a Comment